Pickup and drop-off Srinagar (2 way to base camp)
|Pickup: Srinagar, Kashmir|
Drop-Off: Srinagar Kashmir
Best Time: March to November
|Duration: 3 Days|
Trek-Distance: 24 KM
Highest Altitude: Marchoi Meadow (3200m)
|Price: INR 8500/ Per Person|
The Narang-Marchoi-Trek expedition is the easiest short trek in Kashmir which remains open most of the year. Owing to the well established path and the gradual ascent throughout the trail; the difficulty level of the trek is easy. Highest altitude of the trek is 3200m asl. The trek follows an incoming river and passes through pine forests, meadows and reaches its destination at the Marchoi meadow. The upper portion of the trek is covered in with snow until early June and ahead of October.
What’s included in the Price?
What’s not included in the Price?
Day 1:- Srinagar to Naranag (drive) and Domail (trek)
- Pickup at Srinagar
- Altitude: 1600m to 2250m drive
- Altitude: 2250m to 2400m trek
- 60 kms drive approx 2 hours and 4 km trek, approx 1 hours
- Overnight Camping at riverbank
(Transport, lunch, tea, dinner)
Day 2 :- Domail to Marchoi
- Altitude: 2400m to 3200m
- 8 kms trek, approx 5 hours
- Overnight Camping
(breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner)
Day 3:- Marchoi to Naranag trek, Drive to Srinagar
- Altitude: 3200m to 2250m
- 12 kms trek, approx 5 hours
- 60 kms drive, approx 2 hours
- Drive to Srinagar and drop at Srinagar
- End of Tour
(Breakfast, Lunch at Naranag, Transport from Naranag to Srinagar)
Day 1: – Srinagar – Naranag – Domail (2 hrs drive/ 1 hrs trek).
Reception and pickup at Srinagar and drive to Naranag. We pack our load on horses and start our trek. Our trail follows a river through the pine forest. Camp at Domail at the confluence of 2 streams.
Day 2: – Domail – Marchoi (5 hrs trek).
We leave Domail and walk through pine forests following an incoming stream. We camp at Marchoi meadow for an overnight stay.
Day 3: – Marchoi – Naranag. (6 hrs trek) – Sringar (2 hrs drive). We leave Marchoi meadow and trek through the meadows and pine forest and reach Naranag. Here ends our walking. We take our car and drive back to Srinagar. Drop at Srinagar.
What to Carry?
The trek is supported by horses. You will need to carry only a light sack, weighing about 4-6kg for your items like passport, money, and camera gear. The following is a list of the items you should carry on the trek. If you have items that can not be used on the trek, you can store them at our houseboat or our office and take them back after returning from the trek.
- Please note that only postpaid Indian mobile sim cards (Jio, Airtel and BSNL) work in Kashmir Valley. There’s no cellular connectivity from Day 2 to Day 5 of the trek.
- Please double check your passport or Aadhar numbers before submitting through booking form. These numbers are required for preparation of trek permits.
- Passport or a valid ID card
- Duffel Bag 60 liters
- One Pair Trekking Shoes
- One Pair Trail Approach Shoes
- Trekking Pants
- Hooded Rain Jacket
- Shade Hat
- One Pair Sunglasses
- One Pair Liner Gloves
- Small Size Day-Pack
- Two Pair Trekking Socks
- One Pair Sandals
- Extra Warm Clothes
- Warm Hooded Down Jacket
- Sunscreen Cream
- Lip Balm
- Any Personal Medication
Kashmir Treks are achievable by anyone with a healthy lifestyle and a good level of general fitness. Team members should be willing to be part of a team working together to achieve the goal of the expedition. As a team member, you should have an adventurous and robust spirit. The biggest challenge on this expedition is the first part of the trek across alpine terrain, much of which at altitudes of above 2500m.
Minimum fitness requirements
- Trek: up to 5km per day.
- Daily activity: up to 3 hours’ trekking per day.
- Carry: up to 5kg in a day sack.
- Terrain: remote, uneven, snowy, icy, rocky, sometimes exposed terrain at up to 3200m.
- Climate: Can be sunny in Naranag and cold and windy at Marchoi. Averages are 2800m, 5 to 25C.
- Swim: not required though there will be small-river crossings to make.