What’s included in the Price?
- All road transport by private ac cars (airport transfers/ from Srinagar to base camp and back).
- Arrival/ departure 2 nights Hotel accommodation in Srinagar (Hotel Ash Vale) (full board).
- 2 nights forest hut Trunkhol, 1-night gypsy hut Bodpathri (full-board) mountain camps.
- All trekking gear included sleeping bags, mats, blankets, trekking poles, climbing ropes.
- English Speaking Kashmiri Local Guide and a Cook.
- All cooking utensils including cooking LPG stove.
- Porters to carry a backpack (except day sack), group equipment (tents/ stoves/ fuel) to the higher camps.
- Meal plan: All meals included (vegetarian meals including eggs and cheese, unless specified.
- Trek/ Wildlife Permits.
- First Aid.
What’s not included in the Price?
- International or domestic flights
- Travel insurance.
- Personal clothing and equipment.
- Any medical costs incurred by you, or costs associated with a medical incident, such as your evacuation from the mountain and/ or hospitalization (for which you should have travel insurance).
- Optional trips or excursions.
- Tips for local staff and guides.
What to Carry?
The trek is supported by horses. You will need to carry only a light sack, weighing about 4-6kg for your personal items like passport, money, and camera gear. The following is a list of the items you should carry on the trek. If you have items that can not be used on the trek, you can store them at our houseboat or at our office and take them back after returning from the trek.
Kashmir Treks are achievable by anyone with a healthy lifestyle and a good level of general fitness. Team members should be willing to be part of a team working together to achieve the goal of the expedition. As a team member, you should have an adventurous and robust spirit. The biggest challenge on this expedition is the first part of the trek across alpine terrain, much of which at altitudes of above 3000m.
Minimum fitness requirements
- Trek: up to 10km per day.
- Daily activity: up to 5 hours’ trekking per day.
- Carry: up to 5kg in a day sack.
- Terrain: remote, uneven, snowy, icy, rocky, sometimes exposed terrain at up to 3600m.
- Climate: Can be sunny in valleys and cold and windy at Gangabal. Averages are 3000m, -5 to 12C.
- Swim: not required though there will be river crossings to make.
Plan Your Trek
While planning your trek, as a beginner keep the following points in consideration:-
- you feel fit enough to trek for hours.
- you walk two or three kilometers daily.
- you don’t have any breathing problems.
- you are not scared of heights.
- get advice from your doctor.
- or chose trekking for a few days instead.
Join Our Short Trekking Courses
The aim of our trekking courses is to make you familiar with the basics of trekking, adjust yourself with the climate, and prepare you to ascend the altitude. We offer three different courses. Each course is designed in levels so that the best can suit you, instructed by our experienced trekking staff.
- 5 days trekking course at Gulmarg.
- 10 days trekking course at Pahalgam.
- 15 days trekking course at Sonamarg.
Ganderbal, J&K, India-191201.
Phone: +91 9906421796
Phone: +91 9906421796