Zanskar Valley is among the highest and most remote regions in the world, known for its splended isolation. Travellers come to Zanskar via either Leh crossing Pensi La Pass or Srinagar crossing Zojila and Pensila both mountain Passes. It lies between the peaks of the Zanskar range, the valley is drained by the Stod and Lungnak rivers which constitute the mighty Zanskar river which flows to join the Indus.
The ‘gateway’ to Zanskar is Penzi La. Two small, high-altitude lakes with camping sites and views of permafrost mountains are the highlights of this pass, which is the highest point on the Kargil-Zanskar road. A few hundred metres from Penzi La is the enormous Drang Drung glacier, source of the Stod river. Zanskar remains cut off from the rest of the world for more than six months.
Discover the nature, culture and people of Kashmir and Ladakh.
Visit to various monasteries in Zanskar for Mask Festival.
Discover the Srinagar city and have a Shikara Boat ride in Dal Lake.
- Airport transfers (reception/ drop)
- Accommodation 3* Hotel and Houseboat– 2 nights Srinagar, 1 night Kargil, 1 night Rangdum, 2 nights Padum, 1 night Sankoo.
- All ground transport by private cars – airport reception and drop and for whole trip
- Meal plan – Breakfast and dinner included
- English/urdu/hindi speaking local guide
- First aid